Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bluffmaster works probability of life

Saw the hindi movie Bluffmaster couple of days ago. I really like the songs and have to admit Abhishek Bachhan is getting good these days. The movie is a take on Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson's Anger Management. Substitute meekness to conmanship and you get the idea.

But there is another point to the movie which is striking. It explores the idea (although pretty weakly) - what if you knew beforehand the day you will die. How will you live your life. Very powerful idea. The hero of the movie goes on to do some goofy stuff and totally misses the potential of this track.

But, it got me thinking.. imagine.. what if.. what if.. we all were born with the knowledge of how long we may live. The latest date of departure is fixed. You know you wouldn't live beyond this date. That doesn't mean you will definitely get to live that long. You may die before. The only thing certain is that you will not live beyond this date. Would it make our lives fatalistic? Would it kill spontaneity? Would it make life less interesting?

I strongly believe that it will make my life more efficient and more interesting. Because I know the end date, I will have more motivation to pack my life with more meaning, more purpose and I will dare to do more. With an end date death will look more real to me. Atleast I don't have to plan for anything after that date :-)

How would you feel?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?